- Here are some GREAT habits to keep me in good nick and make me last as long as possible.
- Im not invincible to tugging, pulling and yanking!!! Take care when pulling me on or off.
- Rinse me after every swim in cool, fresh water. NO hot water please.
- Just like you, the sun damages and ages me. Please dry me in the shade. Lie me flat or fold me over a thick hanger to drip dry. Preferably turned inside out to save my beautiful skin from fading.
- No detergents, washing machines or dryers !!! If I get a little stinky, you can wash me with some special wetsuit shampoo only.
- Keep me away from sharp objects, like fingernails or jaggered rocks. These can damage me.
- As important as suncream is, it can stain and damage any type of waterwear. Try to put it on and let it soak in before getting into your wetsuit.
- Keep my velcro closed so that it doesn’t accidentally hook and cause me to fray or bubble anywhere.
- The worst thing you can do to your wetsuit is to leave it in a crumpled heap or somewhere hot. It makes us cry to think of that happening to one of our wetties.
- Please don’t pee in me. Resist the temptation.
PS: Surf wax does stick to neoprene. Fact. Get over it and enjoy the fun !!!
Do your bit
Please don’t just toss me away when Im old/small. Hand me down to someone or send me back to Meraki to be recycled. We will give you 10% off your next wettie when ordering online.